Stay informed about vital Asian polymer price trends from Platts Weekly as of September 20, 2023. Explore Southeast Asia's stable LDPE and LLDPE, South Asia's significant LDPE increase, Far East Asia's diverse polymer fluctuations, and China's dynamic PVC and LDPE market changes.
In the fast-paced world of commodities trading, staying informed about price movements is essential. Platts Weekly, a renowned source of market intelligence, offers a wealth of information for investors and industry professionals alike. Let’s delve into the latest Platts Weekly data, specifically focusing on Asian prices as of 20 September 2023.
What Is It?
Before we dive into the numbers, let’s take a moment to understand what Platts Weekly is and why it matters. It is a (subscription-based) leading provider of energy and commodities information, known for its accurate and timely data. It plays a crucial role in helping businesses make informed decisions by providing insights into market trends, price fluctuations, and much more.
Region-wise Polymer Prices
a. Southeast Asia: Let’s start by checking the various polymers prices in the Southeast Asia region:
- PVC: Polyvinyl Chloride, is a widely used polymer in construction and other industries. The price is currently $835, with a decrease of $15.
- LDPE: Low-Density Polyethylene, maintains a stable price at $1050, with no significant change.
- LLDPE: Linear Low-Density Polyethylene, also holds steady at $1010, with no change.
- HD Inj: High-Density Injection Molding Polyethylene remains at $980, showing no fluctuations.
- HD Blow: High-Density Blow Molding Polyethylene stays constant at $1010.
- HD Film: High-Density Film Polyethylene maintains a price of $1040.
- PP Raff: Polypropylene Raffia experiences a slight increase of $5, reaching $970.
- PP Film: Polypropylene Film also sees a $5 increase, reaching $990.
- PPCP: Polypropylene Copolymer follows the trend with a $5 increase, reaching $1010.
b. South Asian: Let’s explore the polymer prices in the South Asian market:
- LDPE: LDPE experiences a significant increase of $20, reaching $1045.
- LLDPE: LLDPE remains stable at $1010.
- HD Inj: High-Density Injection Molding Polyethylene witnesses a $10 increase, reaching $1010.
- HD Blow: High-Density Blow Molding Polyethylene stays constant at $1070.
- HD Film: High-Density Film Polyethylene increases by $5, reaching $1065.
- PP Raff: Polypropylene Raffia sees a $5 increase, reaching $1010.
- PP Film: Polypropylene Film follows suit with a $5 increase, reaching $1030.
- PPCP: Polypropylene Copolymer also experiences a $5 increase, reaching $1050.
c. Far East Asia: Now, let’s shift our focus to the Far East Asian polymer prices:
- LDPE: LDPE remains steady at $1000.
- LLDPE: LLDPE, however, sees a decrease of $10, reaching $960.
- HD Inj: High-Density Injection Molding Polyethylene maintains its price at $930.
- HD Blow: High-Density Blow Molding Polyethylene stays constant at $940.
- HD Film: High-Density Film Polyethylene is priced at $990.
- PP Raff: Polypropylene Raffia experiences a notable increase of $15, reaching $895.
- PP Film: Polypropylene Film follows the upward trend with a $15 increase, reaching $900.
- PPCP: Polypropylene Copolymer takes a significant leap with a $30 increase, reaching $930.
China’s Domestic Prices
Finally, let’s explore the polymer prices in the Chinese domestic market:
- PVC: PVC in the Chinese market experiences a substantial decrease of ¥150, reaching ¥6350.
- LDPE: LDPE witnesses a significant increase of ¥200, reaching ¥9100.
- LLDPE: LLDPE maintains a stable price at ¥8500.
- HD Film: High-Density Film Polyethylene remains constant at ¥8900.
- PP Raffia: Polypropylene Raffia maintains its price at ¥8000.
In the dynamic world of polymer trading, Platts Weekly offers a comprehensive view of polymer prices across various markets, helping industry professionals make informed decisions. Whether you’re a trader, manufacturer, or investor, keeping an eye on these price movements is crucial for success in the polymer industry.